We are happy to announce that the GA release of MetroÆ v3.0.0 (Croxley) is now available. The tagged release is available here:
Note: You must be a collaborator on the nuage-metro repo to access this link.
In addition to accessing the release through the tagged link, you can also access the release in two ways:
- Standard git clone from https://github.com/nuagenetworks/nuage-metro. The master branch contains the latest Croxley code.
- Docker Container (Instructions for accessing the container are included, below)
Prerequisites, instructions, and support notes can be found in Documentation/RELEASE_NOTES.md and on the web site, http://22.214.171.124.
As always, questions and comments are welcome. You can use firstname.lastname@example.org to contact us.
- Install and run Docker
- Download the `metroae` command from here:
(You must have nuage-metro repo access to download the command.)
- Execute `./metroae setup`
- Provide the local data and image directories
- On MacOS, provide the port for the API/UI
- Read the docs in the `metroae_data` subdirectory of the local data directory you specified at setup time
- Copy the image files to the `metroae_images` subdirectory of the local images directory you specified at setup time
- Customize your deployment files under `metroae_data/deployments` subdirectory of the local data directory you specified at setup time
- Execute `./metroae install_everything`
When running MetroÆ from the container, you have the opportunity to try our latest method of interacting with your deployments: The MetroÆ GUI. The GUI front end offers the same functionality as the command-line version in an easy-to-use, guided format. The user data collected in the GUI is exactly the same as what you would provide in the deployment files on disk. Input data is validated using the same schemas. To run and test the GUI:
- Execute `./metroae start-ui
- Point your browser at https://hostname:5001
You can watch a short video of the GUI in action here.