Not long ago, Nuage Networks customers would ask, “Do you have any automation?” Today, automation is no longer an option; it’s mandatory! Those same customers are now asking, “What is your automation?”
As you approach automation for your Nuage Networks lifecycle, you have several choices:
- Build your own automation
- Buy and integrate someone else’s automation
- Integrate open source automation
- Use MetroÆ automation
MetroÆ is the preferred choice because it implements best-practice automation specifically for the automation of the Nuage Networks software lifecycle. In summary, MetroÆ meets the following characteristics of best-practice automation:
- MetroÆ is a platform, not a point solution
- The platform is well tested and well supported, with 0n-going support across product versions
- User inputs allow you to easily customize to your environment
- We have flexible execution options, from a single ‘install everything’ command to fine-grained, step-by-step operation
- Extensible design that allows you to extend functionality for your needs
With the introduction of MetroÆ v3, code-name Croxley, we also provide:
- Schema-validated user inputs
- Optional delivery via Docker Container
- Docker container delivery also supports a GUI front end and a programmable, north-bound API, e.g. ReST
The MetroÆ platform has support for installation, upgrade, configuration and health checks. It is delivered via github.com or, starting with Croxley, Docker Hub. It can be driven using the command line or via a GUI front end.
As Nuage Networks releases new and improved software versions, the MetroÆ team will do the work of modifying and validating automation operation so that you don’t have to.
MetroÆ has been designed using a community model. We built MetroÆ to be easily extended by users. We encourage contributions from our users and customers. If it doesn’t do what you want it to do, you can easily add support yourself and optionally contribute that work back to the community.
MetroÆ is your automation solution.